Assiniboine members who obtain a no-fee, no-obligation Winnipeg Insurance Brokers Limited online quote for their home insurance throughout 2018, will be entered into a draw for a grand prize of a $5,000 cash.
Download Contest Rules
Accessible Customer Service at Winnipeg Insurance Brokers Limited
Winnipeg Insurance Brokers Limited (WIB) is committed to ensuring that its customer service accessibility guidelines, policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the following principles
- Dignity Service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to maintain self-respect and the respect of other people.
- Independence Service is provided in a way that allows a person with a disability to do things on their own without unnecessary help or interference from others.
- Integration Service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to benefit from the same products and services, in the same place, and in the same or similar way as other clients, unless an alternate measure is necessary to enable a person with a disability to access products and services.
- Equal Opportunity Service is provided to a person with a disability in such a way that they have an opportunity to access WIB products and services in a way that is equal to that given to other clients.
WIB is committed to
- providing clients with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services
- allowing clients with disabilities to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in a equitable way as other customers, and
- providing a professional environment that promotes barrier-free access for all clients as laid out by applicable legislation.
WIB will communicate in a manner that maintains an individual’s dignity and respect to include
- take a person’s disability into account
- be prepared to use different communication modes (e.g. using a pen & paper versus speaking aloud) when interacting with the customer
- use appropriate language (e.g. use “persons with disabilities” versus “handicapped”)
- plan for the client session to ensure the appropriate accessibility is provided
- assist clients with wheelchairs, scooters, and such equipment by opening doors or removing obstacles such as chairs.
WIB will provide clients with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in all the facilities or services used by clients. Notices will include
- information about the reason for the disruption
- the anticipated duration of the disruption
- a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Notices will be placed at all public entrances, service counters located on the premises, and on the website.
WIB is committed to serving clients with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from its products and services.
WIB permits assistive devices on premises, and will not interfere with assistive devices without permission of the owner or user. Typical devices that clients may use include
- communication devices
- voice amplifiers
- voice output communication aids
- writing aids, and/or
- voice prostheses
WIB shall provide document(s) or information contained in the document(s) to clients in a format that considers the client’s disability.
Service Animals and Support Persons
Persons with a disability who are accompanied by a service animal may access all WIB premises that are normally accessible to clients. WIB will:
- permit service animals on premises, and
- not interact with them without permission of the owner/handler.
Clients with a disability who are accompanied by a support person will have access to that support person while on WIB premises. WIB will:
- permit support persons on premises
- allow support person, if requested by the client, to attend meetings
- request permission from client to discuss confidential account information in front of support person
- ensure the client and support person understands that the support person is there to accompany the client and therefore cannot direct or act for the client.
Training of Employees
WIB provides training to staff whose duties involve interaction with the public or other third parties. Training includes:
- the content of this document
- how to interact and communicate with person with various types of disabilities
- how to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- how to use equipment or devices available on business premises or otherwise provided by WIB that may assist with the provision of goods and services to clients with disabilities
- what to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing the provision of goods and services.
Training will be provided on an ongoing basis in connection with changes to this document and will be provided to appropriate staff within 30 days after he or she is assigned the applicable duties.
It is WIB’s priority to meet and surpass all clients’ expectations. Therefore, client feedback should be directed:
- By email to email@example.com
- By telephone to 204-889-2870
- BY mail to 2521 B Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB. R3J 0P1