Do Tenants Need Home Insurance?

This is a question we are often asked at Winnipeg Insurance Brokers Limited. The answer is always ‘Yes’.

We all see the stories in the media when an apartment or rental unit suffers damage from a fire or similar disaster. The people who rent often do not carry any insurance coverage for their own belongings. Thankfully the helpful spirit of Manitobans usually comes through and the community will help collect needed items for those who lost everything. It does not have to be that way.

It is no secret that insurance protection is vitally important. Tenants often assume that the landlord will carry insurance protection that will cover them in event of a loss. Any insurance coverage that the landlord has will cover the structure and the landlord’s own liability in case someone is injured on the property, but does not cover tenant’s possessions.

If you rent your home, you need to make sure that you are protected for damage to your possessions or your own personal liability. The good news is that tenants insurance tends to be far less expensive than other types of home insurance policies.

Let Winnipeg Insurance Brokers Limited help you protect those valuable possessions you love by reviewing your protection needs. Complete the information on our quote form and we will show you how inexpensive protection can be.